Variant & Specialized Hunts
Aside from the standard Hunt (First team to retrieve 9 items and make it back to the starting point wins) there are several specialized Hunts. Sometimes these Hunts are does as training or exhibition matches, and sometimes they find their way into the regular season as a specialized match, or an All-Star match. Further, on some really special occasions several variations may be mixed together.
- ManHunt: All the items are sentient beings who must be captured alive.
- Quick Hunt: List reduced to 5 items.
- Rapid Hunt: Only a Single Item on the list.
- Battle Zone: A unique variation on the Rapid Hunt. Special-Made arena, only Hunt Teams are present, there is no one else in the arena, only one item to find (normally a special or unique Key or Key-like item designed for this Hunt), and then return to the portal to get free and obtain victory.
- Running Man: In a role-reversal the teams are being hunted by a specialized group of Hunters, last team standing wins (and all living members must be free, if any are captured they must be liberated before victory is declared).
- The Most Dangerous Game: A variation on the Running Man hunt. One team is given a finish line, and a head start. All the other teams are then released and must prevent the ‘prey’ team from reaching said finish line. Any member of the ‘Prey’ team to reach the finish line is considered the victor, and are sent home, but 50% of the team must win in order for the victors to earn the prize. If 75% of the team wins, an additional prize is earned, and if 100% of the team wins, a special prize is bestowed. Should the Prey Team be eliminated or captured before reaching the line then ALL chase teams achieve victory, but the team with the most points wins the prize (one point per kill, two per capture).