Hunter's Armour Forearm Upgrades
Optional Forearm Upgrades
These are optional attachments that can be applied to the forearm (top side) of the armour. Some features are mutually exclusive; others can be combined with each other, where noted. If compatibility is not noted then only one may be in place, per arm. Point costs noted are for a single item on a single arm, if you want the same option on the other arm you have to buy that separately. These options may also be added to the Power Armour in place of its forearm weapon features (although aside from the Baton Dock options most choose not to).
A singular (or pair of) wicked looking molecular blade(s) that retract back into the forearm when not activated or in use: Each blade inflicts 2D4 damage (S.D.C. in such realms and Mega-Damage in M.D.C. realms), plus P.S. damage (in S.D.C. realms only). Striking with both blades inflicts 4D4 damage. Can have one pair of blades on each arm. Arm Blades are compatible with all attachments except Shields and Weapon upgrades (excepting Garrottes).
One (1) point.
These are shields that affix to the forearm and are generally used for defence (although a shield bash is not exactly unheard of). These shields can be used to try and parry/absorb the damage from both melee and ranged attacks, but are not effective against area of effect attacks, like explosions. Shields take only 10% damage from an effective parry (an attack that would otherwise have dealt 50 points of damage does only 5 points of damage to the shield), unless the shield was intentionally targeted (a called shot), in which case it takes full damage. Only one shield may be in place at a time, per arm. Shields can be used singularly or in pairs, both matched and mismatched. Parry bonuses and skill penalties are cumulative.
- : 40 S.D.C./M.D.C. Weight: 5 lbs. ’+1 to parry. Shield Bash: 1D6 S.D.C. (1D4 M.D. only if one has the strength to inflict M.D. with naked punches, while in a Mega-Damage realm), plus P.S. damage (in S.D.C. realms only). 0.5 points.
- Medium Shield: 70 S.D.C./M.D.C. Weight: 10 lbs. ’+1 to parry. -5% on skills that require manual dexterity. Shield Bash: 2D4 S.D.C. (1D6 M.D. only if one has the strength to inflict M.D. with naked punches, while in a Mega-Damage realm), plus P.S. damage (in S.D.C. realms only). One (1) point.
- 100 S.D.C./M.D.C. Weight: 15 lbs. ’+1 to parry. -10% on skills that require manual dexterity. Shield Bash: 2D6 S.D.C. (2D4 M.D. only if one has the strength to inflict M.D. with naked punches, while in a Mega-Damage realm), plus P.S. damage (in S.D.C. realms only). 2 points.
Arm Shield Options/Features
These optional additions may be added to some or all of the available shields.
- A tiny high intensity spotlight with a 300 ft range. Has a self-charging 4 hour battery (if fully expended requires an hour to recharge). While most common in ‘normal’ visible light there are also versions available in Infrared, Ultraviolet, and other light spectrums. Further the ‘normal’ light can be augmented with coloured lens filters. 0.5 points per light spectrum (maximum of two light spectrums at any given time, per shield), or for every four colour lenses (maximum of 8 can be equipped at any given time, per shield).
- : Only available on the Medium or Heavy shields this single sheath can be customized to fit any number of small weapons, including the Baton (although sheathed in this manner does not confer any special uses or options. Most common are knives, short swords, machetes, stun sticks, night sticks, tonfa, etc. Limit of one per shield. 0.5 points.
- available on the Medium or Heavy shield these are small jets to allow for additional mobility in space. Provides a One (1) point.
- A coating to help reflect and resist laser fire, similar to the Armour Upgrade of the same name. A successful parry of a laser attack inflicts no damage to the shield, otherwise all laser damage is halved. One (1) point.
This feature allows for integration of the baton into the armour, and use of several features in conjunction with the armour systems.
Double Baton Dock
Similar to the Baton Dock, but allows for integration and use of two batons simultaneously. Prerequisites: Baton Dock.
A forearm mounted .45 caliber firearm capable of single shots and burst fire. The weapon magazine wraps around the wrist, and normally is not practical to reload while in battle (takes half a melee round for those trained, a whole round for those untrained). Aside from the standard .45 A.C.P. ammunition there are a number of available specialty round, and compatible unique rounds. 90 rounds of standard ammunition are included with the initial selection of this upgrade, and may be exchanged two-for-one for specialty S.D.C. ammunition, and three-for-one for specialty round capable of inflicting Mega-Damage.
4D6 S.D.C. for a standard round. A three-round burst does double damage (or roll for two rounds worth of damage). A five-round burst does tripe damage (or roll for three rounds worth of damage).
30 rounds in the wrap-around magazine.
3 points for the initial weapon feature. One (1) additional point for 30 additional regular rounds (with the same swap ratio as above for specialty rounds). One (1) additional point to add a sound suppressor feature.
A tiny high intensity spotlight with a 600 ft range, and can either be a focused beam, or set to a wide angel beam with reduced range. A 30 ft wide beam will have a 300 ft range and a 60 ft wide beam will have a 150 ft range. While most common in ‘normal’ visible light there are also versions available in Infrared, Ultraviolet, and other light spectrums. Further the ‘normal’ light can be augmented with coloured lens filters.
0.5 points per light spectrum (maximum of four light spectrums at any given time, per arm), or for every four colour lenses (maximum of 8 can be equipped at any given time, per arm).
A retractable specialized tool of death that extends from the wrist (making it more of a wrist upgrade). Proper use of a garrotte requires the attacker to approach their victim from behind, place the wire around their neck, cross the wire in the back and pull. If successful (requiring a successful prowl roll, and going unnoticed by one’s quarry via perception) then the victim is caught off guard and damage is inflicted directly to Hit Points. If detected but still able to get the garrotte in place the damage comes off of S.D.C. first. After the first attack so long as the hold is maintained damage is inflicted per melee round. In Mega-Damage realms on Mega-Damage beings a successful attempt inflicts double damage, otherwise it is normal damage. There are 5 types of garrottes, however only one type may be added per arm. Garrottes can be combined with any other forearm system.
- 4D6 S.D.C./H.P. damage, plus P.S. damage. 0.5 points.
- 1D6x10 S.D.C./H.P./M.D.C. damage (plus P.S. damage depending on realm). 4 points.
- 2D4x10 S.D.C./H.P. damage, plus P.S. damage in S.D.C. realms, 5D6 M.D. in Mega-Damage realms. 3 points.
- 4D6 S.D.C./H.P. damage, plus P.S. damage. Inflicts x10 Damage to beings vulnerable to silver. One (1) point.
- 6D6 S.D.C./H.P. damage, plus P.S. damage in S.D.C. realms, 4D4 M.D. in Mega-Damage realms. 2 points.
A retractable small chainsaw that extends out from the forearm, for use as both a weapon and as a tool. The blade is oriented horizontally instead of vertically for both safety reasons and to make it easier to retract and store. The chain itself is made up of molecular blades, and as such inflicts Mega-Damage in M.D.C. realms. Damage is 5D6 S.D.C./M.D.C.
2 points, for an additional one (1) point the molecular blades can be silver-infused, increasing the damage to beings vulnerable to silver by a factor of four (2D6x10 damage).
Identical to the standard Cybernetic/Bionic Sensor Hand system.
Third Party Compatibility
Throughout the Megaverse there are several forearm/bracer/gauntlet based weapons, accessories, and/or or weapon systems, if a Hunter acquires one of these it can be added to the armour in place of one of the regular forearm feature. FIWS, Death Disk, and Micro Missiles are just a few of the possibilities.
0.5 points to integrate the option into the Hunt Armour system.
An extendable robotic arm is affixed to the forearm (when fully extended is four feet past the hand of the wearer). It is used to access small areas and places out of normal reach. The army is fully articulate, and can pick up objects, use back tools, turn knobs, press buttons, etc. It has a P.S. of 11. One finger of the arm also has a laser-torch built in that has a 30 inch range, with three intensity settings. 1D6 S.D.C., 1D4x10 S.D.C., and 2D6x10 S.D.C. (the third setting inflicts one mega-damage point in M.D.C. realms).